You can reach Levi by email at levi.lamoreaux@myldsmail.net
Levi's Quest in Argentina will soon be coming to a close. Levi will be returning home on July 6, 2011 after serving an unforgettable journey throughout the countryside surrounding Cordoba, Argentina.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Two-Thirds Complete with My Quest in Argentina...Missionary Conference...Cordoba Temple Groundbreaking...Baptism...Great Stuff !!!

Wow is right! Two thirds done with my mission. Insane, if I dare to say. Also yes a great mission conference. There were three members of the Seventy (Elders Spitele, Gonzalez, and Arnold), as well Elder Andersen from the quorum of the twelve. It was pretty incredible to meet them all and to hear from each one of them (and their wives). Then the groundbreaking of the temple! I wasn't present for the groundbreaking, but I saw it via internet. I can't believe it's finally happening. I'm not even going to be here to see it completed, but I am so happy for everyone here that they'll have one so close. And to top it off I'll be twenty point five in two days (Nov 3).

Some other things that occured this week include the Argentine census. We had to, by law, stay in our apartment until we were interviewed and counted in the census. Luckily they came by around eleven, so we didn't have to wait around all afternoon. The former president, and husband of the current president of Argentina, passed away on Wednesday. And a new family we found told us they couldn't read the Book of Mormon because their pastor told them so. When we explained that knowledge comes from God, not from man, and he needed to pray about it, he informed us his pastor told him he couldn't pray either. It was kind of funny that preacher told someone not pray, but it's sad at the same time...but that's what happens. Now, to throw a change up and hit you with happy news. This week we found an inactive member, who is married with two children (one of baptism age). Reminds me of someone in Rose Garden from about a year and a half back (the Hammontrees). Anyways they are awesome and are going to start going to church and listening. Also we are baptizing a woman named Luna (in English it means "moon") this Saturday! Her children are going to follow her example, it's just taking a little more time.

I am extremely happy and can't believe I've made it this far in my quest. I appreciate every prayer and every email I couldn't be here without all you and your support. Thank you so much.

Love,

ELMX

No comments:

Post a Comment