You can reach Levi by email at levi.lamoreaux@myldsmail.net
Levi's Quest in Argentina will soon be coming to a close. Levi will be returning home on July 6, 2011 after serving an unforgettable journey throughout the countryside surrounding Cordoba, Argentina.

Monday, November 15, 2010

This week was hot! Yet, we worked, and we had fun!

This week was hot! Yet, we worked, and we had fun! A couple weeks ago, María Luna was baptized. She has an 11 (twelve on Saturday) year old son and a 16 year old daughter who are now listening and are going to be baptized in December. Miguel (11) is a quiet kid who doesn't have a lot of good friends. He came to church and made really good friend with a couple of the deacons, so he already wants to keep going to church because of the friends he's made.

We found a woman last week and taught a way spiritual great lesson and committed her to coming to church and being baptized, she accepted. This week, we returned and we mentioned that she had accepted a baptismal date, and she said, "Yeah, we need to talk about that." I was concerned and had a million things rushing through my head, but what came next I was not expecting. "Elders, eighteen years ago I was baptized in your church." I almost laughed, this is the fourth or fifth time it's happened. But, the good news, she would love to come back, so we'll have one more person on Sundays.

Two more stories from the week. We were hungry one night, so, we ordered pizza. We were told it would take thirty minutes. We thought, perfect, we'll eat and still be in bed on time. Thirty minutes turned into an hour. We were outside our apartment complex waiting for the pizza to show up, when we see a man on a bicycle peddling towards us. Sure enough, we ate cold, bicycle delivered pizza that night...and got to be a little late. As for the other story. I've become accustomed to the barking, snarling, sometimes biting dogs here. My companion has not. He is absolutely terrified of every canine we see in the street. He is my first companion I've heard swear, and it was caused by fear of a dog.

As for stake conference. There were about 400 people that came. It was way good. I love President Salas. He gave a great talk. Quick part I can share with you. In Córdoba they have recently started the construction of the temple. A man walking past asked one of the workers what he was doing, he responded laying bricks. The man not being satisfied with the answer asked another worker what he was doing, the worker responded raising a wall. A little more descriptive, but the man was still unsatisfied, so he asked a third worker who responded I am constructing the House of the Lord where families can be sealed for time and eternity. What do we see with our daily tasks in this life? Do we see ourselves laying bricks? Do we see us building a wall? Or do we see past the bricks and the wall? I really enjoyed it.

I'm glad you can use me to share the gospel with people. I use the five of you to share the gospel with people. Which is why I love and need photos. People don't trust a foreigner in a tie until they see he is a normal person with a family who he loves too. I show the pictures I have and explain that the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families with peace in this life and the promise of being together in the next. So the whole photo thing helps in the missionary aspect, and also in the I love my family and like to be reminded of them aspect. So thanks a lot for emailing me some, even though the family isn't in it, I love the last photo you sent me.

That's the rundown of my week. I greatly appreciate the photos and the words and the prayers and every conversation where I'm mentioned :) Have a great week!

Love,

ELMX

No comments:

Post a Comment