You can reach Levi by email at levi.lamoreaux@myldsmail.net
Levi's Quest in Argentina will soon be coming to a close. Levi will be returning home on July 6, 2011 after serving an unforgettable journey throughout the countryside surrounding Cordoba, Argentina.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Amazing Member Missionaries

I can´t believe school is already back. It feels like everyone just got out yesterday. Also weird to think that this is the second of the school years I miss while serving.

Congrats to Megan. Salta is just north of me. It includes the provinces of Salta, Tucuman, Santiago del Estero, Jujuy, and one other that escapes me at the moment. She will be dealing with more natives and hotter temperatures, and spicy food (here if you add a pinch of pepper people freak out and think your tongue will fall out...a little different than I had anticipated).

Sounds like everybody is doing awesome. I'm doing pretty well myself. We were meeting with an investigator named Alicia who was explaining her real estate problems. We explained to her how we could receive blessings if we put God first and follow His Spirit. We read 3 Nephi 13 (towards the end) and 2 Nephi 32 with her. Just as we finished the subject and she was said she would try to do those things--ring--went the phone. Someone wants to buy a house she has been trying to sell for six years. It was super cool. It was funny as the phone rang Elder Flaherty said someone wanted to buy the house...sure enough. Then when she came to church on Sunday (for her first time) we gave her a little tour (little because our chapel is small, it's a room haha). For some reason I pointed out a picture of the temple in Buenos Aires. I felt kind of silly afterwards wondering why I pointed it out and started talking about it. I still wasn't sure until Hermana Sanchez started her talk...on what? Temples.

It absolutely is amazing watching Beatriz grow. At the end of hard weeks or hard days seeing her transition into Christ's church makes it all better. I have a feeling her husband is going to come around before next July as well. A lot marriages are like that. One person eats it up and the other takes their time but makes it in the end.

Other cool story from the week: we went out the small town of Luyaba to visit the Maldonado family and teach their daughter-in-law. Well we did a lot more than that. That had made several appointments for us all with family and friends. Amazing member missionaries. They just surprised us by saying do you have time to visit a couple families with us and we did! So we just sat in the back seat of their car as they drove us from appointment to appointment, allowing us to teach and find some people. We even found and taught a nun who is on vacation until February. It was a fun day. One reason why it was so fun will be demonstrated but what we found in a photo.

Well another week come and gone. And the seasons can't make up their mind. We have both cold and hot days. Yesterday I was wearing my jacket, today, short sleeves. Another week filled with the Spirit and adventure and this work that I've come to love so much. I love Monday's coming into the cyber and seeing what's going on with my family. Thanks for keeping me updated and sending me the love e'ry week.

Love,

ELMX

No comments:

Post a Comment