You can reach Levi by email at levi.lamoreaux@myldsmail.net
Levi's Quest in Argentina will soon be coming to a close. Levi will be returning home on July 6, 2011 after serving an unforgettable journey throughout the countryside surrounding Cordoba, Argentina.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Has Levi's Quest Taken Him Someplace New?

Well first off I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Secondly, I would like to apologize for not being able to write last week, things were crazy with mission conference and a bus ride back to area and everything.

Talking on Christmas mine went well, I did get some candy, some socks, and a pin of the Argentine flag (speaking of the Argentine flag, when I get back I am buying sky blue vans and having the Argentine sun embroidered, tell me what you think) from members. Christmas was fun, just hung out till one in the morning and watched people shoot off fuegos artificiales (fireworks).
Argentines for New Years stay up till 12 and at midnight they all toast to the New Year and shoot off fireworks..really similar. I love New Years it's such an optimistic time. And nothing but the calendar changes yet it always feels like we're beginning anew.

In other news I have a new companion who once again does not speak my native language, but I'll be okay seeing how I'm starting to get the hang of his. Last transfer he was with Elder Goodman, pretty interesting. His name is Elder Pacheco and he is from Chile (near Concepción). Now as I've been feeding you the details about who I am with, I would wager you find yourself questioning where. Oncativo again? Or has Levi's quest taken him someplace new? Well, being the kind hearted individual I am I will inform you with the utmost haste. I am now serving in HQ (Cordoba). I live in the same apartment as the assistants (decent place too, better than the house in Oncativo). The area is called Arguello and my zone/stake is Las Sierras. It will be different serving in the city but I'm excited. However, the whole living with the AP's is not quite as exciting. I see President Olsen on a weekly basis now, and I'm trying to think of what I did to have this placed upon me...I guess we'll see how it goes.

I miss good Mexican food soooo much :( I found a place in downtown Córdoba that kinda makes burritos, it helped a little but when I said I wanted the spiciest sauce they had they made me try it first, lol.

In other news, I completed six months!
In other other news I do not remember everything I wanted to tell you all because I left my agenda in the apartment (I take notes on what to write).
Oh, more news, I filled up my first SD card! w00t!

Anyways, love you all and I'll write next week I promise.

Chao,

LMX

No comments:

Post a Comment