You can reach Levi by email at levi.lamoreaux@myldsmail.net
Levi's Quest in Argentina will soon be coming to a close. Levi will be returning home on July 6, 2011 after serving an unforgettable journey throughout the countryside surrounding Cordoba, Argentina.

Monday, February 21, 2011

I Love This Work...I Love Being Here

Happy President's Day!

It looks like I should be signing up for classes next week then. As for coming home, I don't have my flight plans or anything but the transfer ends on July 4, which means I should leave July 5, which means I should get home July 6. So after the 6th we can do the ole Lamoreaux Camp Out.

Anyways...This past week I met an Elder Stradling from Safford, AZ. He happens to know Kevin and Kelly Lamoreaux. What a coincidence, I know them too (they're Levi's cousins). This week I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Maude from Alpine, UT. It was a fun, slow, yet in the end, productive day. Their area is struggling, but I think we were able to achieve something. We had a surprise mission training meeting with the mission president on Saturday. It lasted longer than it was supposed to and it made us late for our baptism (not late, but we started getting everything ready late). Well, like every baptismal service, things had to go wrong. The font pump was broken, so there was water just chillin in the font for the past four weeks. We told our bishop who happened to be at the chapel at that time. He tried to pix the pump with us, but we got nowhere, then he said to just continue filling it. That the water would cycle out through the hole in the top (like how bathroom sinks have those little holes at the top), he promised us it would work because it was the backup plan to keep the chapel from flooding. We didn't know if it would work but we thought we would give it a try. We set everything else up then had to write a transfer report on all the missionaries in the zone. A member showed up and yelled what happened here, I run out of the secretaries office to find a flooding chapel. I turn off the water and start squeeging the massive amount of water outside. It took a long time. Maricruz and her mother and the ward mission leader and the ward missionaries and the bishop and lots of other people showed up before we finished, but in the end we had a nice clean tile floor again :). Then we needed to take the TV out of the closet and someone threw the keys to closet and slide along floor, right under the closet door where we needed to get. Oh it was a frustrating evening, in the end, however, it was beautiful and extremely spiritual. One of my best services.

I love this work, I love being here and it's hard to think in four months I'm not going to see all these people I've come to love. It just makes me make the best of every moment. I love you all very much and hope you have a spectacular last week of Black History Month. I love you all. Chau,

ELMX

No comments:

Post a Comment