You can reach Levi by email at levi.lamoreaux@myldsmail.net
Levi's Quest in Argentina will soon be coming to a close. Levi will be returning home on July 6, 2011 after serving an unforgettable journey throughout the countryside surrounding Cordoba, Argentina.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Feliz día de los enamorados

It has been another week of hard work. Lots of walking, buses, and taxis. Lots of lunches and gaining weight. Out of everything, however, the best moment of the week would have to be Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. President Arnold (the South America South Area President) came to Córdoba for the weekend to give two firesides. The first of these firesides was directed towards future missionaries. He wanted a missionary choir to sing "Called to Serve" as an interlude hymn, and I had the privilege of being part of that choir. The fireside was for all the stakes within the city of Córdoba. I saw many familiar faces from the past year and a half. President Daniele and his son Diego came from Oncativo to listen to a seventy and help Diego finish preparing for his mission. I also saw many members from Argüello present. I remembered all of the them, but it has been over a year and I did not expect many or any of them to remember me. I glad to say I was wrong, after the meeting ended, I was greeted by many smiles and hugs and handshakes and I was slightly overwhelmed. Wards change missionaries like girls change clothes and I have never done anything super outstanding to stand out in someones mind, yet they all remembered me, from the youth to the leaders. It made me feel like the work I do and the moments I spend with people are worth something not only to me, but to the members, converts, and investigators as well. The Sunday situation was similar, only it was for investigators and new converts instead of future missionaries, and again more people came up and asked how I was doing and where I was at and told me my Spanish had improved haha (seeing how all these people were from my first two areas).

That was the highlight, it was fun and spiritual and great to see so many familiar faces.

I hope everyone had a terrific week and that all are found happy and healthy.

I love you all, chau,

ELMX

No comments:

Post a Comment