You can reach Levi by email at levi.lamoreaux@myldsmail.net
Levi's Quest in Argentina will soon be coming to a close. Levi will be returning home on July 6, 2011 after serving an unforgettable journey throughout the countryside surrounding Cordoba, Argentina.

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Week Full of Travel

This week involved a lot of traveling. I was in Merlo last Monday and returned to Villa Dolores Tuesday only to board another bus for five hours to make my way to the city for zone conference. I stayed the night in Arguello and got to hear about the members and investigators and hang with Elder Haacke a little bit. It was fun and a little weird being back. Then the next morning Elder Bushnell and I went to zone conference. It was a good conference and I learned a lot. After conference and we get back to the bus terminal to go home we find out the only bus leaving for Villa Dolores was leaving at 11:30...it wasn't even nine. So we had to just chill in the terminal for awhile but I ran into a familiar face. Some young members came and starting talking to us. One of them looked very familiar. I asked him where he was from. He is from Oncativo. He is the branch president's son who was serving in Texas while I was there. That was pretty cool.

Every Thursday we eat lunch with an inactive member. He asked us what we learned in ZC. The first thing that came to my mind was journal writing of all things (Sis Olsen told us to write in our journals). Just saying journal writing sparked a big gospel conversation and he agreed to having us come and visit with him and his nonmember wife for a family home evening. Way capo.

Funny side story in Córdoba city. The bus terminal is downtown. There is a Subway restaurant there, and five of the six elders in our district wanted Subway and I knew where it was since I've had the privilege to spend a little time there (unlike the other five). We get to Subway and the two men working starting saying the ingredients in English as I would ask for something. "Quiero queso," "Cheese" like that, so I thought they spoke English. I said something I do not remember what in English and they both just stared completely perplexed and stopped saying ingredients in English.

As for Merlo, it was us four missionaries from Villa Dolores. Merlo is a hardcore tourist town so it was like money. I had the best pizza of my life (which I never ever would have guessed would happen in Argentina).

And yeah next time you hear from me by email and the next time you hear my voice I'll be twenty. Pretty sweet, and weird. I am not ready to be an adult, after the mission I wanna be eighteen again.

So work wise, we found a couple new people even with our couple days of travels. And that's my updates.

I love you all and I'll write you when I'm twenty years old.

Chao,

ELMX

No comments:

Post a Comment